A Premier League footballer has been arrested in north London on two new rape allegations

The Premier League footballer arrested in North London on rape charges now faces two more rape charges against another woman dating back to last year.

In the early hours of Monday morning, the player – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was taken into police custody and questioned about an alleged bombing that took place last month.

A statement from the metropolitan police said: “A police report was filed on July 4 about the rape of a woman in her 20s. The alleged rape occurred in June 2022.

“On July 4th, a 29-year-old man was arrested on rape charges at an address in Barnet and taken to custody where he is. Investigations into the circumstances are ongoing.

A second statement confirmed on Tuesday that the player in question had now been arrested again: “During his detention, he was again arrested on suspicion of two rapes which were allegedly committed in April and June 2021 on another woman. twenty years old”.

“He was later released on bail until a date in August. Inquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.

The player in question is said to have already started pre-season training ahead of the 2022/23 season and was due to attend this year’s World Cup in Qatar, which starts in November.

He was arrested while sleeping at his home in Barnet around 3am, with the first allegation relating to an attack which took place in the Mediterranean last month.

According to The Telegraph, the player’s club are aware of his arrest but have so far declined to comment. With the new Premier League season kicking off in a month, the teams are heading off on their pre-season tours and it remains to be seen whether the player in question will travel with the rest of the squad or be suspended during the investigation. keep on.